NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the Food and Drug Administration 510(k) cleared 21-inch MultiSync MD210C2 medical-grade monitor, built for the displaying and viewing of digital images for diagnosis by trained physicians.
The two-megapixel medical diagnostic display is designed to meet the needs of healthcare facilities requiring consistent and accurate medical imaging using Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS). MultiSync MD Series models are factory calibrated to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance and include a small, tri-stimulus front sensor to maintain a calibrated brightness as well as an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the display’s brightness based on existing lighting conditions. The all-digital connectors, including DisplayPort and a new two-port USB hub, enable advanced connectivity for any type of workstation.
“We are grateful for receipt of FDA certification for our MD210C2 medical diagnostic display,” said Art Marshall, Product Manager for Professional Desktop and Surgical Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “We are committed to delivering the most innovative products to the medical community, and today’s FDA certification supports that goal.”
The MD210C2 display includes the following features:
- 21.3-inch IPS panel with wide viewing angles
- 2-megapixel resolution
- Factory calibrations to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance
- 1600 x 1200 native resolution
- 760 cd/m² brightness (400 cd/m² calibrated)
- Digital uniformity correction, which reduces screen uniformity errors and compensates for differences in grayscale and luminance across the entire screen
- 70 percent smaller front sensor, which constantly monitors calibration and corrects for fluctuations of light output and color, maintaining the factory calibration throughout the life of the monitor
- GammaCompMD™ QA software for worry-free calibration and conformance testing to the DICOM standard
- 14-bit internal lookup table (LUT), which provides for more finely detailed, high-definition rendering of color images and crisper display of even the most delicate shadings
- DVI-D and DisplayPort inputs and USB hub (one up, two down)
- 150mm height adjustability in landscape orientation (103mm in portrait), as well as pivot, tilt and swivel
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
- Five-year limited warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange
The MD210C2 display is available at an estimated street price of $3,699. The display ships with a 5-year parts and labor warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange, which is one of the best warranties in the industry.