The much awaited Mi Band 2 with the OLED display is finally here. The Mi Band 2 introduces a screen for the first time in Xiaomi history, and debuts smartwatch style notifications. Xiaomi shifted over 10 million Mi Band fitness trackers in the first 9 months of 2015 and sits in third place to only Apple and Fitbit in the wearable tech space.
Like its predecessor, the new Mi Band 2 tracks basic movements, monitors your heart rate, measures sleep, includes an ADI accelerometer and is waterproof. The screen, coupled along with a thin anodized button, will display the time, step count and current heart activity, but it comes at a price. Xiaomi has been forced to increase the cost of its wearable, pricing it at around $23, around $7 more than its older sibling.
The 24/7 activity tracker features a 0.42-inch OLED screen that is covered by scratch resistant glass and also an anti-fingerprint coating for that extra layer of protection.
The Mi Band 2 has been slapped with an IP67 water and also a dust-resistance certification, which means you can wear it in the shower and it is okay to get a little splash of water when you’re washing the dishes or your hands.
Other Features Of Mi Band 2 Are:
- 0.42-inch OLED display screen with touchpad
- Passometer,Fitness Tracker,Sleep Tracker,Message Reminder,Call Reminder
- Support Heart rate monitor
- Water resistant (IP67)
- Sleep-cycle smart alarm
- 20-day standby power
- Stylish band options (incl. wrap-around and leather)
- With a Dialog II 4.0 bluetooth chip, ADI sensor
- Unlock your Mi phone without a password
- Running on MIUI Android 4.4 and above versions; For iphone 4s/5/5s/6/plus ios 7.0 and above.